Wednesday, January 20, 2010

toronto: the world meets here.

Here’s what I know for sure:

I’m with him.
I’m staying with him,
and we're going to Toronto.
Together.

I’ve done the big city thing, albeit on a much smaller scale by all comparisons. But my experiences from the city of Ottawa have to count for something, right? There are a lot of people and a plethora of job opportunities in Ottawa. Sort of. I used to love that city. I suppose I should thank my mommy-friend for taking the piss out of that one.

During a two hour MSN conversation, she pitched to me the idea of living in the big, bad city of Toronto. Really, it took her all of 3 seconds to convince me to jump the small town ship and hightail it to TO (the rest of the two hours were spent plotting our subsequent take-over of the city. But not really.)

A ton of career opportunities, an even huger ton of organized recreational events, and a vast spectrum of people and cultures; these reasons equal reason enough.

So I repitched it to him. I don't even know how he could still manage to surprise me with his eagerness and willingness to do anything and everything. He was on board almost instantly, like nothing, while I tried not to spontaneously combust with happiness.

Of course there'll be the adjustment to unfamiliarity, and the reworking of my entire life, but I’m so ready for this that I could scream. This is what I’ve been going insane for the past two years for. Apparently good things do come to those who wait.

Good things: i.e., blowing this popsicle stand with the love of my life and my little munchkin, to the global city we call Toronto;
the city we'll call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment