Friday, January 15, 2010

revelation

I told my best friend that all I needed to jumpstart my motivation was to have a random stranger walk up to me, unannounced, and tell me exactly where I’m supposed to be going.

"Why a stranger?"

A messenger of fate; unbiased and pure; a perfect stranger. Not someone to carry me across the finish line but to just point me in the right direction.

He thought it was odd that I’d desired the opinion of an unknown person in matters such as my future. He said, "maybe you'd need a touch of bias in that kind of advice; someone who has your best interests in mind and not just an aimless talking head."

He was right.

And that's when it struck me, so subtly, I nearly missed it: this emissary had already arrived.

I’ve already got my perfect stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment